Friday, April 12, 2013

OK OK  ENOUGH ALREADY WINTER

Remember those cabbages in the make shift cold frame?  Last Monday was a fast and furious remake after a forecast filled with snow and cold soooooooooooooo

this is the end result!!
I've watched this since Tues hoping everything inside is alive and well.  There is a single 60w bulb that I control by plugging and unplugging a cord outside.  YUP outside in the snow and yuck.
One of the problems is there is so much condensation I can't see the thermometer in side so it's been a guessing game for plugging in and unplugging the cord.  Four days without ventilation is a long time so tomorrow I will attempt to make a couple of openings that I hope to control with Velcro.  Will let you know what things look like inside once I can see them.  If I can I'll take a pic and add it to tomorrows blog.

I've mentioned the volunteers that have been making the paper pots for transplanting the seedlings. Here is a pic of three of them.  There are more!!  Looks like a little of coffee hour is on the plate but Larissa is holding a finished pot in here hand.  the lovely lady in the middle is Donna and on the right is Jane.  Thanks again to these three and all who have assisted.

Transplanting has slowed down as the space for more flats doesn't exist.  We continue to make the paper pots so everything will be done when you get them.
I have developed an Adoption Certificate for those choosing to receive plants from our project.
DO MAKE YOU DESIRE FOR PLANT KNOW AS THE NUMBERS OF AVAILABLE PLANTS IS DECREASING!!!

Yesterday's blog entry had info on crops for early outdoor planting.  The plan is to provide info on types of veggie characteristics and general info for new gardeners and old hands.
Let me know if this is something you want.
Till next time  Char

No comments:

Post a Comment